Free Public Training Webinar: Human Trafficking
The Immigrant Council of Ireland is hosting a free Anti-trafficking training webinar, It takes place on TUESDAY, 13 JULY 2021 at 10 AM. You can register for the webinar HERE.
As a leading national anti-trafficking organisation with expertise in the legal representation of victims of trafficking, the Immigrant Council of Ireland provides dedicated free training for frontline service providers and practitioners in the area of human trafficking. Their training aims to address the gap in swiftly identifying victims of trafficking and intervening to provide appropriate supports in helping victims escape a life of exploitation.
This Anti-trafficking training is best suited for frontline practitioners and service providers who may directly or indirectly encounter potential victims of trafficking. These contacts include but are not limited to: Citizens Information Centres, Social Welfare Offices staff, Local Authority frontline staff, Community groups and local organisations, cultural and migrant organisations, legal aid centres, public transport providers and other transport authorities. However, it is open to anyone who would like to learn more about human trafficking.
This free, 2-hour training will cover:
* The basics of human trafficking: What is trafficking? What are the different forms?
* Human trafficking statistics in both Ireland and internationally.
* Who are the victims of trafficking? How do we define a victim?
* How to recognise trafficking
* How to react, report and refer when you see trafficking happening
* Processes involved in identifying and supporting victims of trafficking